The Himalayas are a mountain range that has always be considered to be sacred by the locals. These mountains have special place in Tibetan Buddhism and other religions in this region and have influenced many cultures in this part of Asia. In many places of this mountain range, between the rocks people can find a substance that looks very similar to tar called Shilajit. This word means the nectar of God.
There are many different stories about how Shilajit was created, found and why it is used and it seems that every tribe has a different story. What is known for sure is that people who live in and around these mountains have used this substance for healing purposes and that it is mentioned in the Ayurvedic scripts very often.
Shilajit includes several interesting ingredients. It consists of both fresh and altered remnants of humus – one of the basic elements of soils. Studies have confirmed that Shilajit was made from more than 6500 different ancient plants that decomposed over a long period of time and compacted together with the help of the weight of the mountain range.
A recent scientific study focused on Shilajit and its properties has confirmed that this is one of the substances that have the highest density of nutrients. For instance, it includes more than 85 minerals in ionic form. In addition, it also has humic acid, fulvic acid and triterpenes.
This powerful source of minerals and vitamins is a strong adaptogen, helping people to protect themselves against different types of physical and mental stress and reenergizing the body.
As previously mentioned, Shilajit contains two natural acids – humic and fulvic acid. These acids are known as the best natural detoxifiers of toxins, heavy metals and other harmful substances that block the proper functioning of the system and they are hard to find in natural products.
In addition, Shilajit comes with traces of fatty acids, ellagic acid and plant sterols. All these things make Shilajit a perfect solution for the hormonal system and a great aid in our efforts to slow down the aging process.
According to some experts, Shilajit is an excellent yoga vahi. This means that whatever supplement or food you take; you can expect to enhance its effects if you take it together with Shilajit.
This substance can also help proper toning of the body. Now let’s highlight some of the most important health benefits of Shilajit.
The Benefits Of Shilajit
1. Anti-Aging – Shilajit has the ability to slow down this inevitable process. It can rejuvenate every cell in the system by providing more nutrients and oxygen in the cells. This is also a natural antioxidant that helps the system eliminate free radicals. In addition, it supports the immune system, keeps the bone density at a high level and improves cognitive functions.
2. Anti-inflammatory – This ancient substance acts as a strong natural anti-inflammatory agent that can speed up healing.
3. Anti-disease – Because of its specific content, Shilajit has proven to be helpful for people suffering from some of these diseases and disorders:
4. Aphrodisiac – Many people know Shilajit as the indian viagra. This substance is especially useful for men that want to improve their performance in bed and it has been sued for this purpose for centuries. Shilajit is mentioned in many Ayurvedic treatments focused on improving libido.
5. Physical performance booster – The Destroyer of Weakness, this is another name used for Shilajit. This substance has the ability to speed up the recovery period after workout. It also improves stamina, strength and cognitive functions. Shilajit is known for the positive impact on muscle mass and can help people suffering from arthritis and joint pain.
How To Choose High-Quality Shilajit
You should avoid using raw Shilajit. This substance must be processed before consumption. It comes in two forms – substance that looks like resin and powder. The powdered version is a little bit weaker and its properties may be improved with the use of fulvic acid. On the other hand, the resin-like version is stronger because the processing procedure doesn’t affect its properties at all.
Shilajit is rich in iron, so it is a good idea to consult your doctor about taking this supplement especially if you are already taking some medications. The best option is to use Shilajit product that guarantees that the substances were gathered from the Himalayas.